For discoloration and peeling of old clear coat
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HOW CAN I PREVENT MY VEHICLES PAINT FROM DEVELOPING OXIDATION & SCRATCHES AFTER MY PAINT IS RESTORED?
THE ONLY WAY TO PREVENT OXIDATION IS BY PROTECTING & SEALING YOUR CLEAR COAT WITH A HARD GLASS COATING CALLED A “CERAMIC COATING”.
HOW DO YOU REMOVE OXIDATION?
Oxidation is removed by using a dual action or rotary polishing machine, along with a heavy cutting pad & cutting compound paste. The process requires the machine to cut through the top layer of your paints clear coat to remove the faded & contaminated portion of the oxidized clear coat.
Once the process is finished, the old contaminated top layer of your clear coat will have been leveled & removed. Revealing the under layer of fresh clear coat bringing your paint to a brand new shine, which was hiding underneath the old contaminated top layer of your paint’s oxidized clear coat.
HOW DO I PREVENT MY CAR FROM BECOMING DULL & OXIDIZED?
There are two ways of preventing oxidation & scratches. Here is an honorable mention of methods listed chronologically from the most affordable & routine procedures, to the most effective & efficient
1. Regular waxing is the most common way people routinely keep their cars paint maintained. Wax provides a barrier between your cars paint & the sun to help keep your car shiny, & protect it from the suns harmful UV rays which cause damage by slowly eating your cars paint.
2. CERAMIC COATINGS are a glass coating, MUCH HARDER & DURABLE than a vehicles painted clear coat. The most efficient & long lasting form of protection comes by ceramic glass coatings, along with an unmistakable showroom shine that will last for the life span of the coatings application. We offer different protection plans ranging from 2 yrs – 5 yrs – LIFETIME COATINGS. Our lifetime coating applications mean that you will never have to wax your car or worry about a fading paint job. This also means your car will be MUCH LESS capable of receiving clear coat scratches, oxidation, rock chips, stains from bird poop, eggs, tree sap ECT.
DO I NEED A NEW PAINT JOB??
The way to determine whether your car needs a new paint job or not, can simply be answered by observing how your paint responds when it gets wet during a wash & also if your clear coat is peeling.
If your clear coat is peeling, you’ll see your paint developing a brittle dry flaky substance surrounding an extremely dull & fading surface on your paint. – This means you will need some touch up paint or a new paint job!!!
BUT!!! ……… If your car does NOT have a flaky surface, & when you get the paint wet, it no longer looks extremely dull.. YOUR IN LUCK!!! That means that your clear coat is 100% salvageable. Your only dilemma is that, its only a matter of time until its no longer able to be saved.. So you’d better act fast in order to avoid spending a couple grand on a new paint job.. YIKES!
IF YOU CAN’T TELL IF YOU’LL NEED A NEW PAINT JOB OR NOT.. CALL US OUT.. & WE’LL GIVE YOU A FREE TEST SPOT TO DETERMINE WHETHER YOUR PAINT IS SALVAGEABLE OR NOT..
YUP.. THATS RIGHT! WE’LL COME TO YOU & DO A FREE TEST SPOT.. 100% FREE OF CHARGE
SCHEDULE YOUR FREE TEST SPOT TODAY VIA CALL OR TEXT (916)370-2451
ONCE THE OXIDATION IS REMOVED & MY PAINT IS RESTORED.. HOW LONG WILL IT STAY LOOKING GOOD FOR ???
Thats a wonderful question!! I’m glad you asked! – It all depends on the severity of the oxidation, as well as where the car is being stored during non operation.
– The sun is your cars enemy.. when its not properly protected by wax or special coatings.
– Its recommended for newer vehicles to receive a coat of wax a MINIMUM of 1 – 2 times per year for sufficient protection… a coat of wax typically lasts for an average of 6- 12 months.
– WITHOUT NEW COATS OF WAX PROTECTION BEING APPLIED TO YOUR VEHICLE… the restoration done on an aged oxidized vehicle may last only 4 – 6 months before it begins to become dull again.. then over time, that dullness will become a thinner clear coat & eventually begin stage 3 oxidation, which over a short period of time will result in a your clear coat peeling & YOU needing a new paint job..
Which all definitely could have been avoided by either regularly adding a coat of wax every 3 – 6 months, or simply applying a special coating to SEAL your restoration job & never have to wax your vehicle again.
Ready for the deluxe auto detailing experience. Schedule an appointment with your most desired time, date, and services.
Nor Cal Mobile Detailing takes true pride in their work. I had an unfortunate experience with another local detailing business. Nor Cal rearranged their personal schedule to fit me in the same day. Due to living in an apartment complex I could not have the work done at my home. I spoke with Kenneth at Nor Cal & he allowed me to drop off my vehicle at his residence. When I arrived to pick up my vehicle I was amazed at the results. Definitely will be referring this local business to friends. Thank you Nor Cal for having such professionalism & accomodating my immediate needs of assistance. I look forward to conducting business with you in the near future.